Time is critical when treating severe injuries in the field and saving time increases the chances of survival for the casualty in an emergency or hostile situation. To be effective, haemostats need to work fast.
The new standard for haemorrhage control
The current generation of haemostatic agent require at least 3 minutes of compression to work. Celox Rapid Gauze removes the delay by speeding up packing time and reducing compression time to just 60 seconds, while using the proven haemostat technology of Celox.
How Celox Rapid Works
Celox Rapid contains Chito-R activated chitosan granules that stick to wet tissue in the wound. Chito-R is bonded to a high density gauze that packs faster than traditional gauze.
- Chito-R forms an adhesive gel that seals the wound to stop the flow of blood, speeding up compression time
- Celox Rapid absorbs blood fluid, swells and forms a gel
- Works on hypothermic blood
- No minerals, chitosan is made up of glucosamine and N-acetyl glucosamine
Cut treatment time in half
Because Celox Rapid sticks to wet tissue, it only needs 60 seconds of compression with no loss of performance; as opposed to three minutes for other haemostats.
What is more, Celox Rapid also saves time packing the wound, so the real saving is more than two minutes.
What this means
- Celox Rapid has been independently shown to reduce blood loss by 60% compared to Quikclot Gauze
- Celox Rapid stays in place during evacuation
- In an emergency, speed means safety for the whole team
- Faster treatment improves casualty survival and helps treatment of multiple casualties